Google announced it will release a brand new open source web browser called Google Chrome. Yesterday a site went up, and has subsequently been taken down at http://gears.google.com/chrome/?hl=en (as of this morning clicking this link take you back to regular old Google).
According to Crunchbase the features include:
- Tabbed browsing where each tab gets its own process, leading to faster and more stable browsing. If one tab crashes, the whole browser doesnâ€™t go down with it
- A distinct user interface that places tabs on top of the browser window instead of right below the address bar
- An â€œincognitoâ€ mode that lets you browse the web in complete privacy because it doesnâ€™t record any of your activity
- Malware and phishing lists that automatically update themselves and warn you of bad websites
- A default homepage that displays your most commonly used sites and other personalized information