Wubi is an officially supported Ubuntu installer for Windows users that can bring you to the Linux world with a single click. Wubi allows you to install and uninstall Ubuntu as any other Windows application, in a simple and safe way. Are you curious about Linux and Ubuntu? Trying them out has never been easier! With Wubi you have a safe and easy way to give Linux a shot without damaging your Windows installation. No terminal commands, disk partitioning or disk formatting is needed. The best part is that the installation itself takes about one hour. So why try Wubi?
- No need to burn a CD. Just run the installer, enter a password for the new account, and click “Install”, go grab a coffee, and when you are back, Ubuntu will be ready for you.
- You keep Windows as it is, Wubi only adds an extra option to boot into Ubuntu. Wubi does not require you to modify the partitions of your PC, or to use a different bootloader, and does not install special drivers. It works just like any other application. Wubi is spyware and malware free, and being open source, anyone can verify that.
- Wubi keeps most of the files in one folder, and if you do not like it, you can simply uninstall it as any other application.
- Wubi and Ubuntu cost absolutely nothing (free as in beer), but yet provide a state of the art, fully functional, operating system that does not require any activation and does not impose any restriction on its use (free as in freedom).
How to install?
- Download wubi.
- Select your choice of Desktop Environment. Choices are Gnome, KDE and Xfce.
- Select Installation size, Language, Username & Password.
- Reboot. Install. Done.
Ubuntu 3d Desktop:
The install is simple and painless, and if you decide you don’t like it removing it is as simple as removing any Windows application installation. Simply go into Add/Remove Programs and uninstall it!
Leave a Reply