The first release candidate for WordPress 2.5 was announced last night.
New features include:
- Faster load times.
- Multi-file uploads.
- New “Media Manager” for images, audio, video, etc.
- Built-in gallery function.
- Built-in (and pluggable) Gravatars support.
- New backend design.
- One-click auto-update for plugins.
- Reactivate plugins after a ‘Deactivate All Plugins’ action.
One-click plugin updates sound really cool, as do the built in media gallery. If you’re interested in getting the full skinny (or even trying the release candidate) you can head over to WordPress.org’s WordPress 2.5 Sneak Peak and see screenshots, downloads, etc.