By default Quick Launch is disabled in Windows 7. This will show you how to enable or disable Quick Launch on the taskbar in Windows 7 as a toolbar with small or large icons. If you want to add Quick Launch back into Windows 7 perform the following steps:
1. Right click on a empty space on the taskbar and click on New Tool.
2. In the Folder line, type or copy: %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
3. Click on the Select Folder button. (See screenshot above)
4. You now have a Quick Launch toolbar on the taskbar.
NOTE: Click on the arrow to see your Quick Launch shortcuts
5. To expand the Quick Launch Toolbar
A) Unlock the taskbar
B) Left click on the dotted lines and hold, then drag it to the left or right to adjust to unhide all of the icons. Release the left click when done.
C) Lock the taskbar to snap it in place.