“Auto-complete is convenient and fast, and usually does the trick. But sometimes seeing your list of contacts can help you remember all the people you want to include on your email,” admits Google.
The wait is over and now you can finally use the contact picker in Gmail: just click on “To” when you compose a message, select the contacts and click “Done”.
Some of the cool things you can do using the contact picker:
* select contacts from one of your groups: just use the drop-down to choose from “Friends”, “Family”, “Coworkers” and other groups.
* easily remove the contacts you’ve picked by just clicking on them.
* manually add email addresses by clicking on an empty space from the picker’s “to” box.
* if you’ve already typed some addresses in the “to” box, the contact picker will include them when it launches.
* add all the results of a search by clicking on “Select all”.
* the feature also works for “cc” and “bcc”.