Now through December 2, cloud storage provider Box.net is giving away free 50 GB accounts you can use forever. The promotion is for iOS users, but if you own an iPod and have an Android you can still get in on the free 50 GB.
According to Box.net’s blog post, you can get 50GB of free storage on Box.net if you’re an iOS user. Signing up will also give you an increased file size upload limit of 100MB instead of 25MB. Sounds like a great deal, but what about Android users!? It turns out if you have any iOS device, in other words as long as you have an iPod or a generous friend who will let you install the mobile application on their iPhone or iPod you can get in on the action too.
It’s pretty simple, and works for existing Box.net users as well as new users.
- Go to the iTunes store for Box.net and download it to any iOS device
- Install the software on the iOS device
- Login to Box.net on the iOS device
- BLAMO – You’ve got the free for life 50GB upgrade
- Log out of the iOS Box.net application
- Head over to the Android Marketplace for Box.net and download it to your Android device
- Login to Box.net on Android…
- Smile that you’ve got 50GB of Box.net storage