I was recently in the market for a portable USB charger / battery extender and guess what?! Powerocks contacted me about reviewing their Magicstick Universal Extended Battery. Ahhhh I love it when fortune smiles on me.
A shiney new Powerocks Magicstick
I have recently been contacted to see if I’d like to do a review of a portable extended battery. Considering I was JUST looking for a portable charging unit, how could I refuse?!
Powerocks makes compact and powerful (and usually awesomely colorful) portable chargers so you can recharge your mobile devices, or really any USB device) on-the-go when life takes you away from an electrical outlet. They’re sending me a Magicstick, which if you look up on Amazon has a average 4 star rating. I also heard that they’ve been picked by MTV for inclusion in this year’s official 2013 MTV Video Music Award VIP swag bag. I officially feel cooler… I wonder if I’ll get the same style as Macklemore?
Magicstick portable charging
OK so the review is forthcoming, but here’s the skinny on a Magicstick’s specs:
- Large capacity 2800mAh portable battery to help keep your devices powered on-the-go
- Convenient size. It weighs just a barely over 2.5 ounces, it’s less than 4 inches long, and less than an inch across
- Available in a ton of color and design choices
- Compatible with Android, iPhone, and other portable devices charged via USB cable
- Recharge the Powerocks Magicstick via the included micro-USB-to-USB cable
- Smart push-button LED shows charge status. Blue light = 70% – 100% full, Green light = 30% – 70% full, Red light = 1% – 30% full
The Magicstick isn’t their only product. They have a very cool looking car charger, drool worthy dual charging Stone3 7800mAh Extended Battery (charge two devices at once), and wickedly powerful 12,000mAh Magic Cube.
They totally get bonus points for the funk music in the video above. ;O)
I’ll be writing up what I think of the Magicstick after I get one and put it through the paces. Until then… visit Powerocks on their website, the Powerocks Facebook page, or hit them up on Twitter @powerocksusa.