TrumpScript – Two Coders Have Turned Donald Trump Into A Programming Language
Short Bytes: Participating in a hackathon and after a 20-hours long coding session, two programmers have written a python-based programming language called
At it’s core, it works in exactly the same way as any other language, except it uses some particular syntax and rules to “make programming great again.”
And if you make a mistake in your code, you’ll get a Trump quote instead of a typical error message.
* No floating point numbers, only integers. America never does anything halfway.
* All numbers must be strictly greater than 1 million. The small stuff is inconsequential to us.
* There are no import statements allowed. All code has to be home-grown and American made.
* Instead of True and False, we have fact and lie.
* Only the most popular English words, Trump’s favorite words, and current politician names can be used as variable names.
* Error messages are mostly quotes directly taken from Trump himself.
* All programs must end with America is great.
* Our language will automatically correct Forbes’ $4.5B to $10B.
* In its raw form, TrumpScript is not compatible with Windows, because Trump isn’t the type of guy to believe in PC.
* The language is completely case insensitive.
Created in 20 hours during a hackathon. You can get it and contribute on Github: https://github.com/samshadwell/TrumpScript