Facebook Timeline Privacy can be a nightmare by exposing previously private information and making it public. Facebook’s new Timeline has the potential to expose status updates and wall posts from years ago. Below will be information on how to update your account to have better control of Facebook Timeline privacy. I’ve covered other ways to completely remove your data, giving you the ultimate Facebook Timeline privacy, but below we’ll cover the ways you can take some control over the existing content while increasing your Facebook Timeline privacy. [Read more…]
Buddhify is a simple, practical, and easy to use mobile phone application that teaches you mindfulness-based meditation on the go. It’s available on both the Apple iOS platform as well as Android. It’s designed to help in maintaining mindfulness when you live in a busy urban lifestyle. Buddhify works equally well for those with experience meditating as it does for someone who’s never meditated a day in their life. [Read more…]
Now through December 2, cloud storage provider Box.net is giving away free 50 GB accounts you can use forever. The promotion is for iOS users, but if you own an iPod and have an Android you can still get in on the free 50 GB. [Read more…]
If you’re not a fan of Google Voice but would like to send and receive text messages (SMS) on your desktop then DeskSMS by Koush (of ROM Manager fame) will let you manage them from Gmail, GTalk, a speedy web interface, and even a Chrome extension. All without porting your number to another service.
Gmail has been updated with custom notifications, better sync for battery life, new picture options, and new message options.
A new update for Android’s Gmail app just showed up on the Android Market and it’s chocked full of goodness.
Here’s what’s new:
- Save bandwidth and battery by only syncing priority mail: You can now pick which mail to sync, this should help conserve battery life. I’m most excited for this addition because I use a lot of labels and now you can choose which ones to keep synced, and which ones you want to update automatically.
- Custom Notifications per label: For each label you are keeping synced, you can set custom notifications. You can decide if you want to receive notifications for a given label and give that label a distinct ringtone, choose to have it vibrate, and decide if you want it to only notify you on the first new e-mail.
- Remember ‘Show Pictures’ for senders: The Gmail mobile app will now act just like the Gmail desktop app when it comes to displaying images in an email…. in other words, you can tell it to always display images from a particular sender.
- Better TalkBack support for accessibility: TalkBack is an accessibility screen reader that provides spoken feedback.
- Turn off sticky message actions in landscape or all orientations: The settings section has beefed up and you can now configure general preferences , preferences for individual accounts, and message actions. You can decide if you want to always show them, show them only in landscape, or only in portrait mode,
- Performance enhancements: They didn’t say what other performance enhancements but performance boosts are always a good thing right? 😉